Saturday, September 15, 2012

Song of the Week: "All Will Be Well" by The Gabe Dixon Band

on pop theology, philosophy, theology, culture, pop culture, christianity
by Ben Howard

Happy Saturday everybody! This song of the week this week is "All Will Be Well" by The Gabe Dixon Band.

I originally ran into this song when it was used during an episode of Parks and Recreation and it gave me the warm fuzzies. I'm not sure of the direct influences for the song, but it reminded me of Julian of Norwich and the passage in Revelations of Divine Love where Jesus tells her that, "All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well." If you remind me of Julian, I will like your music very very much.


Anyways, enjoy "All Will Be Well" and check out the Gabe's site
here if you want to learn more about him.


Peace,

Ben

You can follow Ben on Twitter @BenHoward87 or email him at benjamin.howard87 [at] gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment