Saturday, September 8, 2012

Song of the Week: "Take A Minute" by K'NAAN

on pop theology, philosophy, theology, culture, pop culture, christianityby Ben Howard

Hello everybody! Welcome to Saturday, I hope you've had a wonderful week. This week's Song of the Week is "Take A Minute" by K'NAAN. If you haven't heard of him before, he grew up in Mogadishu, Somalia and moved to Toronto with his family when he was 14 and he learned to speak English mainly through rap music.

His songs are often deeply personal and political and deal with a lot of major issues in the world we live in. If you like this song, I highly suggest you check out his album Troubadour. I can't say I'm a big rap fan, but I return to this album about once or twice a month because it's so well put together.


Enjoy and have an awesome weekend!


Peace,

Ben


You can follow Ben on Twitter @BenHoward87 or email him at benjamin.howard87 [at] gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment