Saturday, November 3, 2012

Song of the Week: "Hallelujah" as performed by 4 Swedish Guys

by Ben Howard

Happy weekend everybody! I hope you're enjoying the beginning of November. In case you need to catch up this week, I've written about Ohio State and the Championship Myth, the NBA and why it's too easy to be critical, the great show Community and why the church should be weirder, sex and why the word "biblical" is dangerous and misused, and finally a piece on images of God including some images I've dismissed to my detriment.

I hope you'll check those out and also I want to thank everybody who reads this blog. Some point today will mark the 50,000-pageview mark. I'm not sure what that means in context, but I appreciate all of you for reading this and I hope you've gotten something from it. It's easily been one of the most enjoyable and interesting experience I've ever had and I look forward to what will happen in the future.

With further ado, this week's Song of the Week is Leonard Cohen's beautiful haunting masterpiece "Hallelujah" performed by four Swedish singers. Their names are Espen Lind, Askil Holm, Alejandro Fuentes, and Kurt Nilsen. It's a beautiful song, but this arrangement and these singers push it to a different level. You are in for a treat.

Peace,
Ben


You can follow Ben on Twitter @BenHoward87 or email him at benjamin.howard87 [at] gmail.com.

Also, you can subscribe to On Pop Theology via RSS feed or email on the top right corner of the main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment