Saturday, November 24, 2012

Song of the Week: Make by Johnnyswim

by Ben Howard

Happy weekend everybody! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving/Christmas (Part 1). Personally, I spent a good bit of time watching mid-90's Nic Cage movies and a Top Chef marathon. So I think I accomplished something pretty special.

This week I wrote about the times when we feel off, my reaction to the complicated situation between Israel and Palestine, a review of Lee Camp's Tokens Radio Show and an ode to my favorite mercurial and quasi-bizarre basketball player, Nick Young aka Swaggy P.

Here are the links to those posts:
On Being Off (or The Just Showing Up Blues)
On Israel Palestine and Blame
Dancing and Banjos: Tokens Imagines a Kingdom Come
An Ode to Swaggy P (or Why You Aren't Defined by Weakness 

The Song of the Week this week comes from a group that performed on the Tokens Show last Sunday night at the Ryman Auditorium. The band Johnnyswim is made up of the husband and wife team of Abner Ramirez and Amanda Sudano. Last Sunday they performed their song "Make" and it brought a tear to my eye and a hush over the audience. Here for your listening pleasure is "Make" by Johnnyswim.


Peace,
Ben

You can find more info on Johnnyswim at their website and you can follow them on Twitter @JOHNNYSWIM.

You can follow Ben on Twitter @BenHoward87 or email him at benjamin.howard87 [at] gmail.com.

Also, you can subscribe to On Pop Theology via RSS feed or email on the top right corner of the main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment