Saturday, September 29, 2012

Song of the Week: "A Savior On Capitol Hill" by Derek Webb

Happy weekend everybody! I hope you've all had a wonderful week doing whatever it is you do and I hope you've enjoyed reading us here too. Putting together this blog is one of my favorite things to do everyday and I appreciate each one of you so much.

In honor of our ongoing series "The Election Chronicles" this week's Song of the Week is "A Savior On Capitol Hill" by Derek Webb.

Here are the links to the series so far:
An Introduction
Love Drives Out Fear
Top Five Presidents Who Look Like Jesus

Next week we'll be looking at the reasons you should vote for Mitt Romney, Barack Obama, or a third party candidate, and finally, an argument for why you shouldn't vote at all. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have.

As for the song, I think the title makes the content pretty self-explanatory. I hope you enjoy and you can check out Derek's website here. This particular song is from The Ringing Bell album (the sound is based a lot on The Beatles' Revolver record).




Peace,
Ben

You can follow Ben on Twitter @BenHoward87 or email him at benjamin.howard [at] gmail.com.

Also, you can subscribe to On Pop Theology via RSS feed or email on the top right corner of the main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment